Israel and Hamas take conflict to social media
11/16/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Jerusalem – Israel and Hamas have taken their battle online with the use of social media. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), groups from the opposing sides have made posts related to the clash on sites like YouTube and Twitter.
The Israeli Defense Forces and Hamas militants have reportedly made recent Twitter exchanges following the killing of Hamas’ top military commander Ahmed Jabari.
Military spokeswoman Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich, is quoted by the AP as stating of the emerging “Internet battleground,” “I’m sort of addicted to Twitter, you can say. It’s a great tool to release information without the touch of editors’ hands…Militaries are usually closed operations, but we’re doing the opposite..”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination