CPSC: American Honda Recalls Portable Generators for Fire/Burn Hazards
11/15/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and American Honda Motor Corporation have issued a recall on portable generators for fire and burn hazards the defective product poses to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide recall on November 15, 2012.
The portable generators were recalled after discovering the generator’s fuel hose can leak, posing fire and burn hazards.
“This recall involves Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 16 ½ inches tall. ‘Honda,’ ‘EU converter’ and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. ‘Companion’ is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator,” the CPSC reports.
The generators were sold at Honda Power Equipment dealers, Camping World, Gander Mountain, Grainger, Hertz Rental, John Deere, National Pump & Compressor, Northern Tool, Scheels Sporting, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Sunbelt Rentals, True Value, United Rentals, White Cap and Wholesale Sports stores nationwide and online.
Consumers are advised to contact Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact American Honda toll-free (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at http://powerequipment.honda.com and click on “Recalls and Updates” under “Service and Support” for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- “Spouse” to Include Same-Sex Spouse Under FMLA
- Division of Workers’ Compensation, Explained by Dallas Employment Lawyer
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures