Teen sentenced to 20 years in stomping case
10/23/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – A Florida teen has been sentenced to 20 years after being convicted in a case involving an attack on a 15-year-old student outside of a middle school. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Wayne Treacy was sentenced Monday after Circuit Judge David Haimes rejected his request for a shorter prison term due to mental illness.
Treacy reportedly stomped and kicked Josie Lou Ratley in the head in the 2010 attack, which left her with permanent brain injuries. The two had exchanged insulting text messages prior.
Haimes is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “It’s a very sad situation. I know everybody wishes they could turn back time.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult