Teen sentenced to 20 years in stomping case
10/23/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – A Florida teen has been sentenced to 20 years after being convicted in a case involving an attack on a 15-year-old student outside of a middle school. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Wayne Treacy was sentenced Monday after Circuit Judge David Haimes rejected his request for a shorter prison term due to mental illness.
Treacy reportedly stomped and kicked Josie Lou Ratley in the head in the 2010 attack, which left her with permanent brain injuries. The two had exchanged insulting text messages prior.
Haimes is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “It’s a very sad situation. I know everybody wishes they could turn back time.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’
- Leah Remini gets temporary gig as new co-host of ‘Dancing’
- Man sends probation officer text to buy drugs
- Woman cuts roommates nose off