Teen sentenced to 20 years in stomping case
10/23/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – A Florida teen has been sentenced to 20 years after being convicted in a case involving an attack on a 15-year-old student outside of a middle school. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Wayne Treacy was sentenced Monday after Circuit Judge David Haimes rejected his request for a shorter prison term due to mental illness.
Treacy reportedly stomped and kicked Josie Lou Ratley in the head in the 2010 attack, which left her with permanent brain injuries. The two had exchanged insulting text messages prior.
Haimes is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “It’s a very sad situation. I know everybody wishes they could turn back time.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Texas meteorologist shot in parking lot of news station
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold