Teen sentenced to 20 years in stomping case
10/23/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – A Florida teen has been sentenced to 20 years after being convicted in a case involving an attack on a 15-year-old student outside of a middle school. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Wayne Treacy was sentenced Monday after Circuit Judge David Haimes rejected his request for a shorter prison term due to mental illness.
Treacy reportedly stomped and kicked Josie Lou Ratley in the head in the 2010 attack, which left her with permanent brain injuries. The two had exchanged insulting text messages prior.
Haimes is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “It’s a very sad situation. I know everybody wishes they could turn back time.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping