Stage and Risers by Midwest Folding Products Recalled for Injury/Death Risks
08/12/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Midwest Folding Products have voluntarily recalled stage and riser caddies due to the risk of injury and death to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 1, 2012.
The product recall was issued after discovering that the caddy’s latches do not automatically close to secure the stages and risers when stored, which can cause the stages and risers to fall unexpectedly. This poses a risk of injury or death to consumers.
A 3-year-old girl died in May 2011 in Greenville, S.C., from severe head trauma when a portion of a portable stage fell out of the caddy and onto her at a church, the CPSC reported.
“This recall involves Midwest Folding Products’ caddies used to store collapsible stages and risers when they are not being used. The caddies are brown, gray or black metal and measure 44 inches long by 30 inches wide by 60 inches high. They hold six 96-inch long or eight 48 to 72-inch long stage or riser platforms,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Midwest Folding Products to receive a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Midwest Folding Products at (800) 621-4716 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT, or visit www.midwestfolding.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City
- How Do I Know If I am a Victim of Medical Malpractice?