Stage and Risers by Midwest Folding Products Recalled for Injury/Death Risks
08/12/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Midwest Folding Products have voluntarily recalled stage and riser caddies due to the risk of injury and death to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 1, 2012.
The product recall was issued after discovering that the caddy’s latches do not automatically close to secure the stages and risers when stored, which can cause the stages and risers to fall unexpectedly. This poses a risk of injury or death to consumers.
A 3-year-old girl died in May 2011 in Greenville, S.C., from severe head trauma when a portion of a portable stage fell out of the caddy and onto her at a church, the CPSC reported.
“This recall involves Midwest Folding Products’ caddies used to store collapsible stages and risers when they are not being used. The caddies are brown, gray or black metal and measure 44 inches long by 30 inches wide by 60 inches high. They hold six 96-inch long or eight 48 to 72-inch long stage or riser platforms,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Midwest Folding Products to receive a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Midwest Folding Products at (800) 621-4716 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT, or visit www.midwestfolding.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms