Logging Accident in Nelson Kills Vernon Center Man
09/11/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Nelson, NY — A logging accident killed a 22-year-old Vernon Center man after being trapped underneath a tree in Nelson. The fatal work-related accident occurred in the woods behind 4188 Route 20, near the intersection of Larson Road at about 11 a.m., reported Syracuse.com.
According to reports, Matthew J. Stevens was logging in the woods when he became trapped underneath a log. Stevens was reportedly trying to take down a tree that is estimated to be more than 80-feet long with a chain attached to a tractor.
The tree apparently fell on top of the tractor Stevens was driving at the time. The tree Stevens was pulling hit another tree, which caused it to fall onto the tractor.
Responding emergency crews rushed Stevens to Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton where he was pronounced dead.
Morrisville Fire Department responded to the scene. The Onondaga County Medical Examiner’s Office will be conducting an autopsy.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms