CPSC: Death of 2-year-old Prompts Recall of Window Blinds by Blind Xpress
09/11/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY—The death of a 2-year-old has prompted a nationwide recall of about 139,000 custom-made vertical and 315,000 horizontal blinds. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Blind Xpress announced the product recall on September 6, 2012.
The recall includes all Blind Xpress custom-made vertical blinds that don’t have a cord-tensioning device that attached to the floor or wall. This also included all horizontal blinds that do not have an inner cord stop device.
“Blind Xpress custom vertical blinds have an adjustment cord that forms a loop that is not attached to the wall or floor. In some instances, this loop has a weighted device at the bottom. The custom horizontal blinds do not have inner cord stop devices to prevent the accessible inner cords from being pulled out. A child can become entangled in a cord loop and strangle,” the CPSC reported.
In 2009, a 2-year-old Commerce Township, Mich., girl was strangled in the loop of a vertical blind cord, which was not attached to the floor or wall.
Consumers are advised to contact the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) to receive a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, please contact the WCSC toll-free at (800) 506-4636 anytime or visit www.windowcoverings.org
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms