Pink slips granted to City Council employees for DUIs
09/11/2012 // West Palmm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – Two Philadelphia City Council employees are set to be terminated following their DUI arrests Saturday. As reported by Philly.com, Council receptionist Robin Jones, 50 and Rodney Williams, a sergeant-at-arms for City Council both received a DUI charge after Jones crashed a city owned vehicle into a building and subsequently called Williams, who reportedly went to the seen “visibly intoxicated” in a separate city-owned vehicle.
Both were stated to have used the city-owned vehicles without authorization at the time of the incident.
Council President Darrell Clarke is quoted in the report as stating of the employees’ conduct, “These acts, if confirmed by the authorities, display a level of conduct and disregard for public safety that cannot be tolerated.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Philadelphia personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony