Officer enters guilty pleas in fatal DUI crash
09/11/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – An off-duty Chicago police officer entered guilty pleas last week to charges stemming from a fatal DUI crash. As reported by the Chicago Sun-Times, Joseph Frugoli, then 41, pleaded guilty to aggravated DUI on two counts in connection with a crash that killed two people, Andrew Cazares, 23, and Fausto Manzera, 21.
Frugoli reportedly hit a vehicle that had broken down and was disabled on the Dan Ryan Expressway in the accident, which occurred in 2009. He was apprehended while walking away from the scene according to the report.
If convicted, Frugoli, who reportedly resigned from his position last month, may face up to 28 years in prison.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned
- Ferguson protestors seek removal of prosecutor investigating shooting
- New debate over history books in Texas classrooms