Drew Peterson convicted of murder in the death of third wife
09/07/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Joliet, Illinois – A jury has found Drew Peterson guilty of murder in the death of his third wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Peterson was convicted Thursday of first-degree murder for Kathleen Savio’s death and is set to be sentenced for the crime Nov. 26.
Savio’s body was reportedly found in a dry bathtub in 2004, and the death was initially considered accidental. Peterson’s fourth wife disappeared in 2007, and Savio’s death was subsequently ruled a homicide.
Defense attorney Joe Lopez is quoted by the AP as stating to reporters after the verdict, “The whole world has been waiting for Drew Peterson to be convicted. They hate him.”
Peterson may receive up to a maximum of 60 years in prison for the conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Illinois legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Newtown schools to receive $1.3 million from Education Department
- Businessman held for $3 million ransom, tortured for a month
- Hobby Lobby seeks birth control exemption from health law
- Texts, photos released of Trayvon Martin
- Parade float driver thought train was stationary prior to crash
- Texas closer to requiring drug tests for applicants for unemployment benefits
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship