Red Bull heir arrested after hit-and-run death
09/04/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Bangkok – Vorayuth Yoovidhya, whose grandfather, Chaleo Yoovidhya, is the creator of the energy drink Red Bull, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in Bangkok that left a police officer dead. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Yoovidhya was taken in for questioning after he allegedly struck the officer, who was on a motorcycle, and dragged his body with the Ferrari he was driving at the time.
The officer, Sgt. Maj. Wichean Glanprasert, 47, was reportedly on motorcycle patrol at the time of the accident.
Bangkok’s top police official, Lt. Gen. Comronwit Toopgrajan, who purportedly took over the investigation after an attempted cover-up by a local police superintendent, is quoted by the AP as stating, “A policeman is dead. I can’t let this stand. If I let this case get away, I’d rather quit… I don’t care how powerful they are. If I can’t get the actual man in this case, I will resign.”
Chaleo Yoovidhya passed away in March this year.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge
- Three left dead after violent Pico Rivera crash
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, wife to divorce