Former girlfriend of Sikh temple shooter arrested
08/08/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Milwaukee – The ex-girlfriend of the man who allegedly killed several people in a shooting at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee has been arrested. As reported by Good Morning America, police arrested Misty Cook, the former girlfriend of Wade Michael Page, for illegally possessing a firearm.
Cook was reportedly convicted of a felony in 2002, which prohibits her from having the gun authorities found in her home.
Milwaukee police are quoted in the report as releasing the statement following Cook’s arrest, “In a joint investigation with the FBI, the South Milwaukee Police Department has arrested Misty Cook on the crime of felon in possession of a firearm. Charges will be sought through the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office.”
Cook has not been linked Sunday’s shooting, during which six people were killed.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Wisconsin criminal law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Newtown schools to receive $1.3 million from Education Department
- Businessman held for $3 million ransom, tortured for a month
- Hobby Lobby seeks birth control exemption from health law
- Texts, photos released of Trayvon Martin
- Parade float driver thought train was stationary prior to crash
- Texas closer to requiring drug tests for applicants for unemployment benefits
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship