Lawsuit filed after fatal police shooting
07/25/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Anaheim, CA – The family of a man who was killed in an officer-involved shooting last weekend has filed a lawsuit against the city of Anaheim. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the family of Manuel Diaz filed the suit Tuesday in connection with the incident, which has also sparked public outrage.
Another officer involved shooting occurred in the city Sunday, which has also contributed to resident protests.
City councilmember’s have reportedly voted to request an investigation by the U.S. attorney’s office into the shootings.
Benny Diaz, state director of the League of United Latin American Citizens in California, is quoted by the AP as stating in regards to reports of complaints about officer shootings, “People are saying, ‘You know what? We have to stop this… As an organization, we are trying to find peace, but there comes a point where you have to stand up strong.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California wrongful death news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge
- Three left dead after violent Pico Rivera crash
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, wife to divorce