High schoolers face charges over alleged hazing
06/05/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Rye, New York – Three juniors at Rye High School in New York are facing criminal charges following an alleged hazing incident involving middle school students in their town. As reported by WABC, the students have been charged with hazing, unlawful imprisonment, and assault after purportedly carrying out a ritual referred to as Freshman Friday.
Two of the eighth grade victims in the incident were stated to have been beaten with a paddle after being taken to a wooded area.
One student is quoted in the report as stating to reporters about the Freshman Friday ritual, “It’s been happening for a number of years… They don’t usually do anything about it, the cops.”
As noted by WABC, parents were sent letters regarding the disciplinary action to be taken towards the perpetrators of the hazing incident. Part of the letter from the school district’s Superintendent states, “While this is, first and foremost, a serious legal matter for the young men who have been arrested, these students will also face severe disciplinary consequences as students of the Rye public schools.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony