Warnings about lawn mower accident risks
05/21/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Forth Worth, Texas – A family recently spoke out about the dangers of lawn mower risks for small children following their daughter’s accident. As reported by the Star-Telegram, Stephenville seventh-grader Alexus Duckett became injured after being hit with garden trim that had flown through the air while she was watching her father mow the lawn. She was subsequently treated for a cut on her neck that resulted.
Her mother, Jayme Duckett, is quoted as stating of the potential dangers of such an accident, “It could have killed her… It was only a millimeter from some of her major vessels. Considering what could have happened, we were definitely blessed.”
Cook Children’s Medical Center spokesperson spokeswoman Kristin Peaks is further quoted in the report as stating in reference to a purported increase in the number of lawn mower injuries seen in the last year, “Several children treated in the emergency room for lawn mower injuries had to have their legs amputated.”
Lawn mower accidents purportedly injured 253,000 people in 2010, according to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission statistics. The Duckett family now says they take additional safety precautions to prevent this type of accident from happening again, as noted in the report.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth accident injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father