Warnings about lawn mower accident risks
05/21/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Forth Worth, Texas – A family recently spoke out about the dangers of lawn mower risks for small children following their daughter’s accident. As reported by the Star-Telegram, Stephenville seventh-grader Alexus Duckett became injured after being hit with garden trim that had flown through the air while she was watching her father mow the lawn. She was subsequently treated for a cut on her neck that resulted.
Her mother, Jayme Duckett, is quoted as stating of the potential dangers of such an accident, “It could have killed her… It was only a millimeter from some of her major vessels. Considering what could have happened, we were definitely blessed.”
Cook Children’s Medical Center spokesperson spokeswoman Kristin Peaks is further quoted in the report as stating in reference to a purported increase in the number of lawn mower injuries seen in the last year, “Several children treated in the emergency room for lawn mower injuries had to have their legs amputated.”
Lawn mower accidents purportedly injured 253,000 people in 2010, according to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission statistics. The Duckett family now says they take additional safety precautions to prevent this type of accident from happening again, as noted in the report.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth accident injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Russian tennis player dies during training
- Miss Lebanon Can Keep Title In Spite of Selfie
- LeAnn Rimes reality show axed from VH1
- Actress shocked by criticism after speaking about diversity
- Facebook impersonation lawsuit settled by Feds
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive