Manhattan injury attorney: Worker injured in subway construction site
05/01/2012 // New York City, New York, USA // New York City Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C Reiter // (press release)
On Monday, April 16, 2012 a construction worker was injured after being struck and pinned by a slab of concrete, according to information received by Manhattan injury attorney Jonathan C Reiter. The accident occurred in the Upper East Side, at the Second Avenue Subway.
New York City construction accident attorney Jonathan C Reiter states the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has not released the worker’s name. The worker is an excavator for the company contracted to build the station. It was explained that a piece of equipment was moving a slab of concrete when the slab hit the worker and then pinned him. The incident occurred just before 1 pm, notes Manhattan injury attorney Jonathan C Reiter.
Emergency crews rescued the worker after the incident, and he was transported to Cornell Hospital. Manhattan construction accident attorney Reiter indicated that the man was listed in serious but stable condition, with a possible broken bone, as of Monday afternoon.
The Occupational Safety and health Administration is investigating the accident, explains the Manhattan injury attorney; but work at the jobsite will not be shut down through the investigation.
According to MTA reports referenced by New York City construction accident attorney Reiter, there are approximately 2.2 injuries for every 200,000 hours of work in New York City. This incident rate is lower than national labor safety standards.
The leading New York City construction accident attorney at the Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter brought this news story to you. For more information about accident cases or The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter visit www.jcreiterlaw.com or call 888-464-1952 to schedule an appointment with a Manhattan injury attorney.
Online New York City Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: Empire State Building · 350 5th Avenue · Suite 2811, New York, NY 10118
Phone: (888) 464-1952
Url: New York City Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Two People Injured After Manhattan Deli Car Crash
- NYC Worker Injured in Subway Construction Accident
- NY Bus Accident Report: Coach Bus Crashes into Boston Overpass Injuring 35
- MTA Considers Alarm System for Fallen Passengers
- NY Tour Bus Driver Found Not Guilty of Manslaughter for 2011 Crash
- Bronx Construction Worker Killed by Falling Industrial Cooler
- Lincoln Tunnel Bus Crash Injures Passengers Headed to NYC
- Can There Be Compensation for Construction Accidents in Natural Disasters?
- New York City Officials Warned of Storm Surge Dangers in 2009
- Long Island Crash Kills 4 Teens