Driver in accident that caused school bus to hit house arrested
04/27/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash
Miami, Florida – The man driving an SUV linked to a recent accident in which a school bus crashed into a house has been arrested. As reported by CBSMiami, the 39 year-old driver, Elijah Smith, faces multiple charges in connection with the crash including leaving the scene of a crash with an injury.
As previous reports indicate, Smith purportedly ran a stop sign, which led to the driver of a school bus losing control of the vehicle. The bus subsequently crashed into a house; however, none of the individuals who were in the home at the time of the accident were reportedly injured. Four individuals were on the school bus when the crashed occurred, and all of them were said to have sustained minor injuries.
Collis McDuffie, a 50-year resident of the home, is quoted in the report as stating in regards to neither he nor his granddaughter, who had left the area where the crash occurred shortly before the incident, being injured, “I feel good cause I didn’t get hurt, she didn’t get hurt, that’s a blessing right there… The house can be replaced but you can’t replace life.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Miami car accident news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Microsoft announces Mojang acquisition plans
- Louisiana Senator says “sloppy bookkeeping” caused travel expense mistakes
- New rules issued for reporting workplace deaths
- Business group not in favor of punitive damages ruling
- Sarah Palin places blame for rise of ISIS in Iraq on Obama policy
- Preorders for iPhone6 record setting
- Former wrestler dies in apparent suicide reports say
- George Zimmerman accused of threatening to kill driver
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows