Chemical Explosion at Portland Silicone Factory Injures 2
03/23/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Portland, OR — An explosion at a Northwest Portland silicon factory injured at least two people Thursday night, March 22, 2012. The blast occurred at Siltronic Corp. plant, located at 7200 N.W. Front Avenue, just before 9:30 p.m., reported OregonLive.com.
Portland firefighters and HazMat crews rushed to the plant after receiving reports of an explosion and gray smoke.
Firefighters reported that workers were inside a vessel containing trichlorislane, which is a chemical used to create silicon wafers, when oxygen somehow got inside and sparked the chemical explosion, OregonLive.com reported.
Responding emergency crews rushed two people to an area hospital for treatment of injuries. Medical teams at the scene were evaluating other workers.
The identities of the injured workers are being withheld at this time.
Investigations into the chemical explosion are underway. Officials with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to arrive at the scene to conduct a full investigation into the industrial accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-legal news for Oregon workplace accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston