CPSC: AmerTac Recalls LED Night Lights for Burn and Fire Hazards
03/01/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Saddle River, NJ — LED night lights by American Tack & Hardware Co. Inc. (AmerTac) are being recalled for burn and fire hazards the product poses to consumers. The CPSC and AmerTac announced the nationwide product recall on March 1, 2012.
The night lights were recalled after finding an electrical short circuit can cause the night light to overheat and smolder or melt, which poses a burn and fire hazard to consumers.
“Three AmerTac night lights are being recalled. Each has a model name and two model numbers. The model name and a secondary model number appear only on the packaging. The basic model number appears on the back of the night light. The night lights are rectangular, about 2-3/16 inches high, 3-1/2 inches wide and 1-1/4 inches deep. The front housings for each are either white- or nickel-colored plastic with four horizontal vents and a round light sensor above the top vent. The backs of the night lights are gray plastic with the AmerTac™ logo, the basic model number, ‘SY’ identification code and ‘ETL’ molded into them. Only models bearing ‘SY’ on the back are being recalled,” reported the CPSC.
The following night lights are involved in this recall:
• Everyday Basics
Consumers are advised to contact AmerTac for instructions on how to receive a full refund.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact AmerTac at (800) 420-7511 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit www.recall-center.com or www.amertac.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston