Swanville Man Killed in Workplace Accident at Milaca Gravel Pit
12/12/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Milaca, MN — A work-related accident killed a rural Swanville man at a Knife River Corporation worksite on Thursday, December 10, 2011. The fatal workplace accident occurred at the Gardner Aggregate pit around 11 a.m. near Milaca, reported the St. Cloud Times.
The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office reported that Scott Armstrong, 41, was working as a crush operator at the pit, while he was working on a large conveyor belt system that was going to be moved. As he was working on the belt system, Armstrong was hit in the head by a large wheel.
Crews from the State Patrol, North Ambulance and the Milaca Fire Department all responded to the scene.
Armstrong did not survive the accident.
“We’re devastated by the loss of a team member and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and those team members who were there when this happened,” Knife River spokeswoman Pam Link said to the St. Cloud Times.
Armstrong leaves behind a wife and their five children.
Investigations into the fatal industrial accident are underway. Investigators with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to arrive at the scene to conduct their own investigation.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Minnesota workplace accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston