California Man Killed in Workplace Accident at General Mills Plant
10/14/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Lodi, CA — An industrial accident involving a rail car at the General Mills plant in Lodi left an employee dead Thursday, October 13, 2011. The workplace accident occurred at 11:30 a.m., at the plant located at 2000 W. Turner Road, reports News 10.
According to Lodi police, the General Mills employee was trying to stop a moving rail car by setting a brake but the rail car continued rolling, which subsequently caused the man to become pinned.
Responding emergency crews rushed the worker to an area hospital where his injuries proved fatal, and he was pronounced dead.
The identity of the 53-year-old deceased worker is being withheld at this time.
News10 reported that General Mills spokeswoman Sheila Klee made a statement regarding the fatal workplace accident: “Sadly, we can confirm an accident today at our Lodi facility that resulted in the death of one of our employees. An investigation is underway, but we have no further details to share at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our employee…and with his many friends and co-workers in the community. “
Investigations into the industrial accident are underway. Federal officials from the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to arrive at the scene to conduct an investigation.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California workplace accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston