Young NY Mets Fan Hit in Face by Foul Ball at Citi Park
09/01/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
New York, NY — A child is recovering in a New York hospital after a foul ball hit the young Mets fan in his face on Monday, August 29, 2011. The line drive was hit during the ninth inning of the first game in a doubleheader against the Florida Marlins at Citi Park, reported WPIX.
The boy, who has not been immediately identified, was hit in his forehead, right between the eyes.
“I heard his mom screaming, and I look back over and blood was squirting out of his forehead onto his mom. It was pretty disturbing,” Mets second baseman Justin Turner told MLB.com.
The boy was rushed from the stadium by a responding ambulance to an area hospital for medical treatment. The boy’s nose, orbital bones and sight were reportedly not damaged by the impact of the baseball. He reportedly just sustained a deep laceration on his nose.
Turner gave the injured boy his jersey after the game as a souvenir and Marlins third baseman Greg Dobbs, who hit the foul ball, gave the boy a bat, reported the Wall Street Journal.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York personal injury lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston