2 Bodies Recovered from Submerged Car that Drove Off Boat Ramp in Seaside, OR
04/27/2011 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Seaside, OR — Two bodies were pulled from a car submerged at the end of a boat ramp Monday night, April 25, 2011. Officials believe the couple, who were visiting from out-of-town, were likely lost and drove down the ramp by mistake, reported KGW.
Seaside police received an emergency call just after 10 p.m., alerting them that someone may have driven into the Necanicum River.
Divers recovered the bodies of a man and woman from inside a car, with one being pulled around midnight and the other about 45 minutes later.
The identities of the deceased were not reported.
A car matching the description of the one pulled from the river was also seen driving the wrong-way on a one-way before the mishap…If you’re not knowing where you’re going it may well be a little deceiving in regards to, you think you’re going down the street. But it doesn’t, it stops right there,” Seaside police Lt. David Ham said to KGW.
Locals told KGW that this type of accident has happened before. A stop sign at the top of the ramp was partially hidden by brush, making it hard to see even in the daylight by motorists.
Investigators are looking into whether alcohol or drugs played a factor in the accident. Investigations are underway.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston