11 injured in pepper spray incident on JCPS school bus; Mother pressing charges
03/09/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Louisville, KY—One mother is furious and is planning on pressing charges against the children and their parents who pepper sprayed her twin daughters on a school bus. Nearly a dozen JCPS students were hospitalized after the incident on Tuesday, March 8, 2011, as reported by WDRB Fox 41.
One parent, Angeletta Haynes said her twin daughters were the intended target of the pepper stray incident. Apparently her daughters have been involved in a ongoing feud with a set of triplets, who were also on the bus that was carrying Westport Middle School students. The situation between the students obviously escalated on the bus, and one of the triplets decided to use the pepper spray.
The school bus pulled over on 71, so that the twins and nine others could be transported to Kosair Children’s Hospital for treatment. The students were decontaminated in makeshift showers that were constructed outside.
“They complain of burning. The repeated complaint was my skin is burning, my skin’s burning,” stated nurse Liz Younger.
All of the injured students have since been released and no one was “seriously hurt.”
Haynes plans on pressing charges against the child who allegedly used the pepper spray on her children, as well as the students’ parents.
“I don’t know who in their right mind would give their child pepper spray to bring to school. Who else also gave them the pepper spray? Who purchased it for them? How’d they get it? Somebody will have to get answers, and I’ll be the one looking for them,” said Haynes.
JCPS said the student allegedly responsible for the incident was released to her parents and she will be disciplined.
Investigations are underway.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston