NY worker killed inside mixing vat at Brooklyn tortilla factory
01/24/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Brooklyn, NY—A worker was killed after he fell into a mixing machine at a Mexican tortilla factory in Brooklyn on Monday, January 24, 2011. The fatal workplace accident occurred at around 2:30 a.m. Tortilleria Chinantla, located at 969 Grand Street, as reported by KTLA.
According to officials, the victim was found by responding firefighters and police officers trapped inside a commercial-size mixing vat at the tortilla factory. It is unknown how the man ended up inside the waist-high mixing machine.
The 22-year-old worker, who remains unidentified, was pronounced dead at the scene by responding emergency medical technicians.
Police officials believe this was an accident and no crime was committed.
A full investigation is underway. Officials with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to investigate as well.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York workplace accident attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston