J. Lo sued by Ojani Noa’s girlfriend over ‘How I Married Jennifer Lopez’ film
12/21/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Los Angeles, CA— The girlfriend of Jennifer Lopez’s first husband of 11 months, filed a lawsuit alleging the actress interfered with a motion picture contract. The lawsuit was filed on Monday, December 20, 2010, in the Los Angeles Superior Court, which seeks $10 million in damages, as reported by the Los Angeles Daily News.
Lopez’s ex-husband, Ojani Noa, his girlfriend Televnoa actress/singer Claudia Vazquez of Covina, and filmmaker Ed Meyer are allegedly putting together a “movie about Ojani Noa’s life,” but Lopez’ believes it’s a tell-all movie about her, prompting her to file an invasion of privacy lawsuit in November 2009.
Lopez claims that the movie was originally going to be called “How I Married Jennifer Lopez: the J. Lo and Ojani Noa Story.” Lopez’s lawsuit, which is also seeking $10 million in damages, claims the movie would show footage of the Noa and Lopez, which also contains “private and disparaging information about the entertainer.”
Vazquez subsequently filed her own lawsuit, which claims Lopez interfered with he motion picture contract.
Vazquez’s lawsuit claims that the film she, Noa and Meyer are creating “a movie about Ojani Noa’s Life” and was “developed in part with significant funds advanced to (Vazquez) by NBC and Telemundo, which is an NBC affiliate.
In addition, Vazquez’s lawsuit alleges that Lopez provided “false and misleading facts to the court to obtain a restraining order” against Noa and Meyer, which prevents them from distributing or publishing the material they intended to use for the movie.
Vazquez is currently representing herself.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston