Utah Workplace Accident: Mechanic’s arm ripped off in trucking accident
12/20/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Salt Lake City, UT—A workplace accident at a Bluffdale trucking company ripped a mechanics arm off, when his clothing became caught in a truck’s power takeoff shaft. The fatal accident occurred at Ron Osborn Trucking, at 14703 S. 1000 West, at around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 18, 2010, as reported by The Salt Lake Tribune.
Bluffdale Fire officials reported that the 36-year-old mechanic, who was identified by the company’s owners as Jason Webb, was working on the truck when his clothing became entangled in the truck’s power takeoff shaft. “The PTO was spinning and he had all the guards taken off,” Bluffdale Fire Capt. Jarred Roberts said. “It caught his clothing in and spun him completely through.”
The mechanic’s arm was ripped off and he suffered massive head trauma, as well as a lacerated liver. He was flown to University Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead 12 hours later.
Ron Osborne, the company’s owner, says Webb was pumping fuel from one truck to another, as his last task of the day, which he “did on an almost daily basis.” It is unknown why he was underneath the truck, near the spinning shaft; he would have no reason for being underneath the truck.
A full investigation is underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Utah workplace accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston