Ohio Aviation Accident News: Couple Injured in Huron County Plane Crash
12/10/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Huron County, OH—A small plane experienced engine difficulties and crashed into a field outside of Willard Thursday evening, Dec. 9, 2010, injuring a husband and wife aboard the aircraft. According to information provided by WJW, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Huron Sheriff’s Office and the Willard Police, Fire and EMS departments are investigating the aviation accident.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) was notified of a small plane crash that occurred around 5 p.m., between U.S. 224 and State Route 598.
Reports indicated 36-year-old Larry Coleman was piloting a fixed-wing 2009 Model CTLS plane when it began experiencing engine issues. While Coleman attempted to perform an emergency landing in a field near Willard, Ohio, the aircraft overturned when it hit the ground.
Larry Coleman and his wife Shannon, 38, suffered minor injuries in the aviation accident. Emergency medical personnel rushed the Avon couple to Willard Mercy Hospital for treatment.
The plane was apparently en route to Loraine County Regional Airport before it went down.
A full investigation into the Ohio plane crash was expected to be underway.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) reported that during the year 2009, there were 1,474 general aviation accidents, resulting in a total of 474 fatalities.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony