North Carolina Woman Rushing Grandchild to Hospital Dies in Wilmington Wreck
12/06/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Wilmington, NC—A woman was killed in a tragic motor vehicle collision on her way to the hospital Sunday, Dec. 5, 2010. According to information provided by the Associated Press, the North Carolina woman was transporting her young grandchild to the hospital after a pit bull bit the 1-year-old in the face.
Reports indicated an unidentified child had just been attacked by a pit bull and was bleeding from the face on Sunday. The child’s grandmother, who also remained unidentified, was rushing him/her to the hospital when she ran a red light.
Although the woman reportedly blew the car’s horn as she traveled through the red traffic light, a van slammed into her vehicle, propelling it into a utility pole. The grandmother was seemingly killed on impact.
The 1-year-old child was subsequently rushed to an area medical center and placed in intensive care. The extent of his/her injuries was not immediately known.
There were three people in the van at the time, though none of their injuries appeared to be life threatening. Reports did not state whether any of the van’s unidentified occupants sought out medical attention following the crash.
There was no further information regarding the dog attack.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash