North Carolina Woman Rushing Grandchild to Hospital Dies in Wilmington Wreck
12/06/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Wilmington, NC—A woman was killed in a tragic motor vehicle collision on her way to the hospital Sunday, Dec. 5, 2010. According to information provided by the Associated Press, the North Carolina woman was transporting her young grandchild to the hospital after a pit bull bit the 1-year-old in the face.
Reports indicated an unidentified child had just been attacked by a pit bull and was bleeding from the face on Sunday. The child’s grandmother, who also remained unidentified, was rushing him/her to the hospital when she ran a red light.
Although the woman reportedly blew the car’s horn as she traveled through the red traffic light, a van slammed into her vehicle, propelling it into a utility pole. The grandmother was seemingly killed on impact.
The 1-year-old child was subsequently rushed to an area medical center and placed in intensive care. The extent of his/her injuries was not immediately known.
There were three people in the van at the time, though none of their injuries appeared to be life threatening. Reports did not state whether any of the van’s unidentified occupants sought out medical attention following the crash.
There was no further information regarding the dog attack.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’
- Nigella Lawson testifies in fraud trial of former assistants