Agawam Mass. Football Players, Coaches Suspended for Alleged Hazing
11/23/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Springfield, MA—A hazing incident inside the boy’s locker room has landed four players and four coaches on suspension, leaving a Thanksgiving Day tradition in Western Massachusetts hanging in limbo. The hazing incident reportedly occurred on Wednesday night, November 17, 2010, following football practice, as reported by WHDH.
Authorities have released few details about the alleged hazing, but they did state it happened inside the Agawam High School locker room and four students are suspended from the team and school for 10 days.
The brother of a football player, Mike Rigali stated the locker room incidents are nothing new. “I think its blown out of proportion. Its something that been going on in Agawam for years, what not, and there was no hard to the matter. No kids got hurt or anything,” Rigali said.
Agawam schools superintendent Mary Czajkowski disagrees, “While no one was hurt, hazing—which is against the law—will not be tolerated.”
The Western Massachusetts community are sitting on their edge of their seats, waiting to hear if their traditional Thanksgiving game will continue. Agawam was scheduled to play their long-time rival East Springfield. “That’s your Super Bowl, pretty much. Everyone come home to watch this game. Its something you never get back,” said Rigali. A decision is expected to be made on Monday.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Massachusetts personal injury lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston