County Club Hills Rollover Accident: Chicago Man Killed in I-57 Car Wreck
11/01/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Country Club Hills, IL—A Chicago man was killed in a violent rollover accident Sunday night, Oct. 31. Police arrived at the scene of the fatal wreck, which occurred on Interstate 57 in Country Club Hills, around 11:20 p.m., as reported by the Chicago Breaking News.
According to the Cook County medical examiner’s office, 30-year-old Marcus D. Kristofek, a resident of Chicago’s Morgan Park neighborhood, suffered fatal injuries when the southbound vehicle he was occupying overturned into the northbound lanes.
Kristofek was apparently ejected from the vehicle during the rollover accident. His injuries proved fatal at Harvey-based Ingalls Memorial Hospital.
Another person in the vehicle, who remained unidentified, allegedly sustained minor injuries in the car wreck. Reports did not specify whether that victim was transported to the hospital for treatment of his or her wounds.
As of 6 a.m., both northbound and southbound lanes of I-57 remained closed. Investigations into the deadly rollover crash are expected to be underway.
Data collected through the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) Encyclopedia indicated there were more traffic fatalities (264) reported in Cook County than any other Illinois county during the years 2008 and 2009.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Illinois Auto Accident Lawyers.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony
- Judge throws out manslaughter charges against NY police officer
- Union files lawsuit over Chicago school closings alleging racism
- Drunk college student found in a hospital lobby with Post-it note
- Lawsuit filed against ‘Robin Hoods’ over payments to parking meters