Cumberland County PA Motor Vehicle Collision: 5 High School Students Injured
10/22/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Cumberland County, PA—A Silver Spring Township collision Friday, October 22, 2010, left six people injured. The 8 a.m. motor vehicle accident occurred along the 6000 block of Route 944 (Wertzville Road), according to information provided by WGAL.com.
Preliminary investigations seemed to indicate an SUV was stopped at the intersection of Wertzville and Beard roads when a blue Volkswagen Jetta drove past it and into the path of an oncoming silver BMW.
While reports did not specify whether they believed speed was a factor, five Cumberland Valley High School students in the Jetta were on their way to school at the time, according to a spokesperson for the Cumberland Valley School District.
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel, along with ambulances and medical helicopters, were subsequently dispatched to the crash scene. An adult in the BMW was reportedly transported to an area hospital via ambulance.
The five Cumberland Valley High School students were also rushed to area hospitals. Reports stated three of the teenagers were flown to medical centers after the two-vehicle collision.
The victims’ identities and conditions have not been released. Investigations into the Silver Spring Twp. motor vehicle collision (MVC) are expected to be underway.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage