Cumberland County PA Motor Vehicle Collision: 5 High School Students Injured
10/22/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Cumberland County, PA—A Silver Spring Township collision Friday, October 22, 2010, left six people injured. The 8 a.m. motor vehicle accident occurred along the 6000 block of Route 944 (Wertzville Road), according to information provided by WGAL.com.
Preliminary investigations seemed to indicate an SUV was stopped at the intersection of Wertzville and Beard roads when a blue Volkswagen Jetta drove past it and into the path of an oncoming silver BMW.
While reports did not specify whether they believed speed was a factor, five Cumberland Valley High School students in the Jetta were on their way to school at the time, according to a spokesperson for the Cumberland Valley School District.
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel, along with ambulances and medical helicopters, were subsequently dispatched to the crash scene. An adult in the BMW was reportedly transported to an area hospital via ambulance.
The five Cumberland Valley High School students were also rushed to area hospitals. Reports stated three of the teenagers were flown to medical centers after the two-vehicle collision.
The victims’ identities and conditions have not been released. Investigations into the Silver Spring Twp. motor vehicle collision (MVC) are expected to be underway.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Url: Sandra Quinlan: West Palm Beach Injury News
Other News / Press Releases
- Calif. Case Raises Issue of Employee Privacy in Yum! Brands Employment Lawsuit
- Fighting Fraud in the Fog
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge