Miami-Dade County FL Crash: Everglades Airboat Accident Injures 2
09/28/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Miami-Dade County, FL—An airboat crash in the Everglades Saturday, September 25, 2010, left two people with injuries. The accident, which was reported to police around 5:30 p.m., happened when the airboat slammed into a tree, according to information provided by the Sun-Sentinel.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles reported the airboat wreck occurred north of the Miami-Dade County line, approximately 10 miles south of mile marker 40.7 on Alligator Alley.
Rescue personnel, with help from a Miami-Dade Air Rescue helicopter, were subsequently dispatched to the scene to search for the crash victims.
Once the occupants of the wrecked airboat were found, the Miami-Dade helicopter airlifted two of them to Miami-based Jackson Memorial Hospital to be treated for their unspecified injuries.
Two others were also apparently aboard the boat when it struck the tree. However, they did not require medical treatment after the ‘Glades accident.
According to data provided by the United States Coast Guard, there were 736 fatalities and 3358 injuries recorded in 2009. Those figures stem from a total of 4730 recreational boating accidents reported during that year.
A full investigation into the Everglades airboat accident is expected to be underway.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination