Miami-Dade County FL Crash: Everglades Airboat Accident Injures 2
09/28/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Miami-Dade County, FL—An airboat crash in the Everglades Saturday, September 25, 2010, left two people with injuries. The accident, which was reported to police around 5:30 p.m., happened when the airboat slammed into a tree, according to information provided by the Sun-Sentinel.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles reported the airboat wreck occurred north of the Miami-Dade County line, approximately 10 miles south of mile marker 40.7 on Alligator Alley.
Rescue personnel, with help from a Miami-Dade Air Rescue helicopter, were subsequently dispatched to the scene to search for the crash victims.
Once the occupants of the wrecked airboat were found, the Miami-Dade helicopter airlifted two of them to Miami-based Jackson Memorial Hospital to be treated for their unspecified injuries.
Two others were also apparently aboard the boat when it struck the tree. However, they did not require medical treatment after the ‘Glades accident.
According to data provided by the United States Coast Guard, there were 736 fatalities and 3358 injuries recorded in 2009. Those figures stem from a total of 4730 recreational boating accidents reported during that year.
A full investigation into the Everglades airboat accident is expected to be underway.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- LeAnn Rimes reality show axed from VH1
- Actress shocked by criticism after speaking about diversity
- Facebook impersonation lawsuit settled by Feds
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters