Miami-Dade County FL Crash: Everglades Airboat Accident Injures 2
09/28/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, US // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Miami-Dade County, FL—An airboat crash in the Everglades Saturday, September 25, 2010, left two people with injuries. The accident, which was reported to police around 5:30 p.m., happened when the airboat slammed into a tree, according to information provided by the Sun-Sentinel.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles reported the airboat wreck occurred north of the Miami-Dade County line, approximately 10 miles south of mile marker 40.7 on Alligator Alley.
Rescue personnel, with help from a Miami-Dade Air Rescue helicopter, were subsequently dispatched to the scene to search for the crash victims.
Once the occupants of the wrecked airboat were found, the Miami-Dade helicopter airlifted two of them to Miami-based Jackson Memorial Hospital to be treated for their unspecified injuries.
Two others were also apparently aboard the boat when it struck the tree. However, they did not require medical treatment after the ‘Glades accident.
According to data provided by the United States Coast Guard, there were 736 fatalities and 3358 injuries recorded in 2009. Those figures stem from a total of 4730 recreational boating accidents reported during that year.
A full investigation into the Everglades airboat accident is expected to be underway.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts