CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
08/27/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
San Francisco, CA—An out-of-control car slammed into a group of people waiting for the bus, leaving five of them injured, on Tuesday, August 24, 2010. The collision occurred around 9:30 a.m., in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley neighborhood, as reported by the Associated Press.
A gray Ford Explorer was reportedly traveling southbound on San Bruno Avenue, when the SUV started going down a hill and lost control of the vehicle’s steering and brakes. The out-of-control vehicle then veered onto a sidewalk, when it hit a recessed area of an apartment building. A group of people, who were seeking shade from the hot sun, happened to be standing in the recessed area.
Five people were injured, leaving two people in critical condition and three people in serious condition. All five victims were rushed to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment. Officials reported that at least four victim suffered fractures.
The 24-year-old driver of the SUV was apparently driving the SUV without a valid drivers license. The driver was cited and released. Her name is currently being withheld.
A full investigation into the wreck is currently underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California automobile accident attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston