Topeka KS Fatal Car Crash: 2 Kids Killed, 3 Injured in 2-Vehicle Wreck
07/30/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Topeka, KS—A two-vehicle crash in Jefferson County killed two children on Wednesday, July 28, 2010. The fatal collision occurred just before 8 a.m., at the intersection of 134th Road and Meriden Road, as reported by CJOnline.com.
The Kansas Highway Patrol reported a 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera was traveling eastbound on 134th Road, when it failed to yield the right of way to a sport utility vehicle that was traveling southbound on Meriden Road. The Oldsmobile subsequently collided when the SUV in the intersection.
The collision killed two kids who were riding in the Oldsmobile. They were identified as Katelynn Spencer, and Alissa Spencer, 5, both of Meriden. The driver of the Oldsmobile, Stephanie Spencer, 33, and a passenger, Madelynn Spencer, 4, were injured in the wreck. Responding emergency crews rushed them to the hospital with what were described as “disabling injuries.” Stephanie was transported to Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center, while Madelynn Spencer was rushed to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO.
The SUV driver and sole occupant, Robert Hutchins, 27, of Valley Falls, was also transported to Stormont-Vail for treatment. Hutchins was reportedly wearing a seatbelt.
Kansas Highway Patrol said that none of the four people in the Oldsmobile were in seat restraints at the time of the wreck.
A full investigation is underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Kansas automobile accident lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston