Mountain View CA Hit-and-Run: Car Hits and Kills Elderly Man, Flees the Scene
07/21/2010 // WPB, FL, USA // Nicole Howley // California personal injury News
Mountain View, CA—A hit-and-run accident killed an 80-year-old man in downtown Mountain View. The elderly man was in the crosswalk of California Street and Franklin Avenue when a Toyota Corolla hit him at around 7:40 p.m., reports the San Jose Mercury News.
A Toyota Corolla was reportedly headed westbound on California Street when the driver struck Manuel Enos, 80, of Mountain View, while he was in the crosswalk. The driver of the Toyota then fled the scene.
Enos was rushed by responding emergency medical officials to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries just past noon.
A police investigation led officers to Keibun Son, 46, of Saratoga. At around 11:10 p.m., Monday night, she was arrested at her home, without incident. Son was detained on suspicion of felony hit-and-run.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation, which had prompted authorities to keep the details of the crash private. Officers do not believe alcohol was a factor in the fatal wreck.
Police officers issued a statement, “This tragic collision is a reminder to all members of our community to drive safely and to constantly pay attention to their surroundings, pedestrians and bicyclists. In addition, driver should be mindful that they are required by law to stop if they are involved in a collision.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California personal injury attorneys.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston