Dania Beach FL Plane Crash: Pilot, passenger injured near Ft. Lauderdale airport
06/02/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Sandra Quinlan // Sandra Quinlan
Dania Beach, FL—Two people aboard a single-engine plane managed to walk away from their downed aircraft bearing only minor injuries Tuesday evening, June 2, 2010. The aviation accident occurred in close proximity to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, as reported by JustNews.com.
Robert Schrama, 59, was reportedly piloting a Cessna 172 plane when it lost power and crashed in a field.
According to Mike Jachles of the Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue department, Schrama was about two miles away from the airport’s runway when he radioed the control tower. The plane subsequently experienced a power outage and began its frightening descent. However, witness Fred Belson noted, “He made a good landing because he walked away from it.”
The scene of the plane wreck was located in a field near 45th street, west of Interstate 95 (I-95). The accident scene was positioned only a few hundred feet away from several residences.
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel were seemingly dispatched to the scene to aid those injured in the aviation accident. Both Schrama and his passenger, Joan Phillips, 53, suffered minor injuries. They were transported to Broward General Medical Center for treatment.
Authorities from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are expected to conduct a full investigation into the plane wreck and what might have caused the aircraft to abruptly loose power.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Florida Aviation Accident Lawyers.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Phone: (866) 598-1315
Other News / Press Releases
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’
- Nigella Lawson testifies in fraud trial of former assistants
- Middle school principal accused of banning speaking Spanish
- New study suggests computer games may help older adults with walking
- Florida woman’s credit card stolen, charged $15,000 for stranger’s wedding
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker