Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
05/07/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Chicago, IL—A bizarre accident not only injured three people, but a Chicago police officer as well, when he was hit while conducting a traffic stop. The chain of events began around 3:17 a.m., at Foster Avenue and Northwest Highway in the Edison Park neighborhood, as reported by WGN.
Police officials reported that a tow truck driver decided to follow a vehicle that was driving recklessly on westbound Foster Avenue, until he was able to get the attention of a police officer. An officer subsequently pulled over the reckless female motorist, when he got out of his vehicle and began to approach her vehicle. Upon doing so, a passing motorist apparently lost control of their vehicle slamming into the tow truck head-on. The impact pushed the tow truck into the woman’s vehicle, which caused her car to move backwards, hitting the police officer.
The officer, who is part of the 16th District, suffered a possible broken left forearm and chest contusions. He was rushed to Resurrection Medical Center for treatment. A woman and two men who were involved in the wreck were also taken to Resurrection Hospital for treatment. They are all reportedly in fair condition.
Officials reported that the woman could face traffic citation. Her vehicle sustained so much damaged that it was totaled. One of the drivers in the wreck are expected to be arrested for driving under the influence (DUI). A full investigation is underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois automobile accident lawyers.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Newtown schools to receive $1.3 million from Education Department
- Businessman held for $3 million ransom, tortured for a month
- Hobby Lobby seeks birth control exemption from health law
- Texts, photos released of Trayvon Martin
- Parade float driver thought train was stationary prior to crash
- Texas closer to requiring drug tests for applicants for unemployment benefits
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship