Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
05/05/2010 // West Palm Beach, Florida, USA // Nicole Howley // Nicole Howley
Cambridge, MA—A pregnant woman drove into the side of a daycare center, which sent two infants to the hospital and caused authorities to condemn the building. The woman apparently pushed on the accelerator instead of hitting the brake, catapulting her minivan into the KinderCare located at 179 Boston Road in Billerica, around 9:00 a.m., as reported by the Salt Lake Tribune.
The pregnant mother and KinderCare client reportedly struck the portion of the building where the infants are taken care of. Although no children were seriously injured, two infants were transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure. Their injuries or conditions were not disclosed. The driver of the minivan, whom police have not publicly identified, was not injured in the wreck.
The daycare, which has about 200 children enrolled, notified the parents of the accident, and asked that they come pick up their children.
Authorities have condemned the daycare, declaring it structurally unsound. Police are conducting an investigation into the accident. It was not reported if the woman was cited for the accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Massachusetts automobile accident lawyers.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge
- Three left dead after violent Pico Rivera crash
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, wife to divorce
- Billy Ray Cyrus, wife split after 19 years of marriage
- Michael Jordan ordered to appear in court over lawsuit against grocer
- Employees applauded after Dunkin’ Donuts racist rant goes viral
- Judge rules Maricopa County sheriff violated Latinos rights