Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Lawyers. Two Maryland residents were killed when the small plane they were occupying crashed in Leslie County, Kentucky.
Kentucky aviation accident lawyer alert- A fatal plane crash occurred in Leslie County, KY, resulting in the deaths of two Maryland residents; FAA, NTSB to investigate.
Leslie County, KY—A small plane became involved in a fatal aviation accident on Tuesday, April 27, 2010. The aircraft wreck, which occurred in Eastern Kentucky, resulted in two casualties and is being investigated by officials from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and Kentucky State Police (KSP), according to information provided by FrederickNewsPost.com.
Reports indicated the plane, a twin-engine Beechcraft Baron, departed from Frederick Municipal Airport (FDK) in Maryland at approximately 10:24 a.m. The aircraft was allegedly en route to Mississippi when the plane crashed in an isolated and wooded area of Leslie County, Kentucky. Employees at the Airforce Rescue Coordination Center apparently discovered the wreckage around 5:15 p.m., and subsequently notified the Civil Air Patrol. Nonetheless, it took rescue teams around four hours to reach the remote crash site.
Kentucky State Police (KSP), Leslie County Sheriff’s Office, rescue crews and other authorities responded to the scene of the tragic aviation accident to search for any survivors and conduct preliminary investigations. According to Leslie County Sheriff’s officer Justin Roberts, “It was a bad crash.”
Two fatally injured victims were found inside the damaged aircraft, which is registered to Woodbine-based Island Trading Ltd. According to updated reports by WKYT.com, the deceased airplane accident victims were identified as Stephen James Reardon, 68, and Beverly Ann Reardon, 59. Both of the airplanes occupants were said to be Woodbine, Maryland residents.
National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) authorities are expected to conduct a formal probe into the deadly plane crash.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash