Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
Legal news for Texas automobile accident lawyers. A wrong way driver was killed on I-35, two others injured.
Texas automobile accident lawyers alert- The Austin Police Department is investigating a wrong way crash that killed one person.
Austin, TX—A wrong way driver was killed on Saturday, April 24, 2010 after driving her car southbound in the northbound lanes of Interstate 35. The wrong way driver collided with two other cars around 2:00 a.m., which caused her vehicle to erupt into a fireball, as reported by the Statesman.
According to the Austin Police Department, the crash occurred on the 2000 block of North Interstate 35, on the lower deck. The female driver of a Mercury Tracer was reportedly traveling southbound in the northbound lanes of I-35, when she struck a Ford F-150. A Toyota Corolla then struck a Tracer as well. The Tracer caught on fire as a result of the wreck, trapping the driver inside. When responding emergency crews arrived at the scene, they extinguished the blaze and discovered the driver still inside the car, dead. The woman, who wasn’t immediately identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the pickup truck was not injured in the wreck. The two female occupants of the Toyota were taken to Brackenridge Hospital for treatment of what is believed to be minor injuries.
A full investigation is currently underway. It is not known if drugs and/or alcohol played a role in the deadly wreck.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Texas automobile accident lawyers.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash