Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
Legal News for Georgia Aviation Accident Attorneys. Authorities have released the names of the four victims who suffered fatal injuries in a recent navy plane crash.
News for Georgia aviation accident lawyers- Fannin County, Georgia Navy plane crash victims identified by officials.
Morganton, GA—Authorities have identified those who fell victim to a fiery naval aviation accident in Fannin County, Georgia on Monday, April 12, 2010. Initial reports deemed one of the four fatally injured victims to be missing, though the Navy recently provided the names of those aboard the downed military aircraft, according to information provided by the Pensacola News Journal and previous news coverage by Justice News Flash.
Initial reports stated a T-39N Sabreliner low-wing, twin-jet aircraft took off from Pensacola Naval Air Station (NAS) in Warrington, Florida and was on a routine cross-country training mission when it crashed at an off-road site in the north Georgia mountains, located in close proximity to the Tennessee boarder. An unidentified local resident called 911 at approximately 3:26 p.m., with regard to the military plane wreck he/she had witnessed. When authorities reached the scene, they found the aircraft, which was assigned to Training Air Wing Six at NAS, engulfed in flames. The plane crash-induced blaze spread throughout approximately 10 to 15 acres of surrounding woods and took until about 9 p.m. to fully extinguish.
The plane’s four occupants were assigned to Training Squadron 6 at NAS and were identified as retired 67-year-old Lt. Cmdr. Charles McDaniel, the pilot on board; 38-year-old Marine Capt. Jason Paynter, a Naval flight officer; 26-year-old Marine 1st Lt. Shawn Nice, a student; and 25-year-old Navy Ensign Zachary Eckhart, also a student.
Reports also noted there have been a total of four Training Air Wing 6 Sabreliner crashes in the last decade, one of which occurred approximately 75 miles away from Monday’s accident site. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is expected to conduct a full probe into what might have caused the deadly naval aircraft wreck.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Georgia Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash