FAA, NTSB to investigate fatal Washington County, KY aviation accident
Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Attorneys. A small aircraft crash killed a pilot, noted for being the founder of Douglas Aviation.
Kentucky aviation accident attorney alerts- FAA and NTSB to investigate plane crash.
Washington County, KY (News)—A light aircraft crash resulted in the tragic death of a pilot on Monday night, February 22, 2010. The plane was reportedly downed less than a mile away from the airport he was initially supposed to land at, according to LEX18.com.
Reports state the pilot and renowned flight instructor, identified as 40-year-old Kent Douglas Shilling, was en route to Kentucky from Alabama when Springfield Lebanon Airport traffic controllers lost contact with him shortly after 10 p.m. For unknown reasons, the Piper 28 plane he was flying crashed in the woods near Highway 55 approximately ¾ a mile away from the end of the Springfield Lebanon Airport runway.
Shilling, the founder of Douglas Aviation, did not show up to work Tuesday afternoon, subsequently prompting a search for the missing flight instructor. It was reported that another pilot spotted the wreckage while flying overhead. An autopsy allegedly revealed that the pilot suffered “blunt force trauma injuries” in the plane crash. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) http://www.faa.gov is conducting an investigation into the fatal aviation accident. Officials from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) http://www.ntsb.gov are also expected to take part in investigatory procedures.
According to NTSB aircraft crash statistics, 321 of the 1,670 aviation accidents reported in 2005 were deemed to be fatal.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Kentucky Aviation Accident Lawyers.Online Aviation Airline Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Leslie County KY plane crash: NTSB, FAA to probe double-fatal aviation accident
- Boulder CO plane crash: Plane hits car, crashes; pilot flees the scene
- Burbank CA aviation news: Southwest Airlines jet, Cessna nearly collided
- Port Huron MI aviation accident: Coast Guard helicopter crashed into Lake Huron
- Jefferson County Indiana aviation accident: Pilot/doctor killed in plane wreck
- Zellwood Florida aviation accident: FAA to probe fatal Zellwood plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident UPDATE: navy plane crash victims identified
- Baraboo Wisconsin aviation accident: Pilot serious injured in small plane crash
- Morganton Georgia aviation accident: 3 dead, 1 missing after NAS plane crash
- Louisville, Kentucky aviation accident: Michigan man injured in plane crash