Head-on crash killed 1, injured 3 on U.S. 150
Legal News for Illinois Auto Accident Attorneys. Driver of pickup allegedly received DUI in head-on collision that killed his own passenger.
Illinois auto accident attorney alerts- Head on collision left one dead, three injured.
Edgar County, IL—A head-on collision near Paris, Illinois left one person dead and three others injured on Monday night, January 25, 2010. The two-vehicle crash, which occurred at approximately 5:30 p.m., involved a pickup truck and a small car on U.S. Route 150, according to information provided by the News-Gazette.com.
Illinois State Police deputies allegedly reported that a pickup truck, driven by 58-year-old Michael D. Russell, of Paris, was westbound on U.S. 150 when he suddenly lost control of his vehicle on the wintry roadway. Upon doing so, he became involved in a head-on collision with a small car, driven by 34-year-old Bradley Collier, of Indiana. There were three people reportedly in the pickup truck at the time of the motor vehicle collision (MVC). One of the pickup truck passengers, identified as 19-year-old Indiana man, John Buchanan, allegedly suffered severe injuries, which proved fatal at the scene. Another passenger traveling in the truck, 42-year-old Gladys Reagin, of Indiana, also sustained injuries in the wreck. The driver of the small automobile involved was reported the only person occupying the vehicle at the time.
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel allegedly transported those injured in the motor vehicle accident to Union Hospital, located in Terre Haute, for treatment by responding medical professionals. Their conditions were undisclosed by officials. Icy roadways reportedly played a role in the fatal collision. The pickup truck driver allegedly received citations including driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs, improper lane usage and not having insurance.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Illinois Auto Accident Attorneys.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash