Icy roads cause head-on JCPS school bus crash; 3 injured
Legal news for Kentucky automobile accident attorneys. A school bus crash injured three people, when a car slammed head-on into the bus.
Kentucky automobile accident lawyers alerts- A school bus crash on Preston Highway injured three people.
Louisville, KY—Icy conditions were to blame when a car slid into a Jefferson County school bus on Tuesday morning, January 26, 2010. The two-vehicle collision occurred around 8:30 a.m., on Preston Highway near the Gene Snyder Freeway, where the mornings snow fall made the roadways dangerous to navigate, as reported by WAVE3.
The JCPS No. 0543 school bus was carrying students from Laukhuf and Wilt elementary schools and was headed southbound on Preston Highway when the northbound car lost control after allegedly hitting a patch of ice. The car then veered over the median, and slammed into the bus head-on. Three students aboard the bus were reportedly injured in the collision. They were rushed by emergency medical services (EMS) teams to Kosair Children’s Hospital for treatment of their undisclosed injuries. Their conditions were not immediately available. Police officials are reportedly conducting a full investigation into the wreck. At this time no citations have been issued in connection with the head-on accident. The rest of the uninjured students were taken to school via another JCPS bus.
Officials reported there were many minor accidents reported that day involving JCPS buses, due to the icy roads and fresh snowfall.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Kentucky automobile accident lawyers.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash