Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Steel Dynamics
Legal News for Indiana Wrongful Death Attorneys. Steel Dynamics Inc. sued by widow of worker who died in workplace accident.
Indiana wrongful death attorney alerts- Lawsuit filed against Steel Dynamics Inc. for workplace accident.
Columbia City, IN—A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against Steel Dynamics Inc. after a worker was killed in an April industrial accident while on the job. The suit, brought upon by widowed Marlane S. Cochlin, was reportedly filed in Allen Superior Court, according to information provided by News-Sentinel.com.
The April 24, 2009 workplace accident reportedly occurred when a pot hauler vehicle inside the plant ran over 58-year-old Cory G. Cochlin. The pot hauler was allegedly carrying slag, which was defined as a by product of smelting. His severe injuries, including reported massive blunt-force trauma proved fatal after the incident. Cory Cochlin was allegedly a contracted pot welder, employed by Edward C. Levy Co., who was working at the Steel Dynamics plant in Columbia City at the time of the fatal incident.
Steel Dynamics reportedly faces allegations, which allegedly stated the producer “had a legal duty to Cory and it was negligent in failing to provide Cory a safe work site”. The wrongful death suit also allegedly claims that Steel Dynamics neglected to administer safety protocols that may have saved Cochlin’s life. The firm reportedly had no comment on the wrongful death suit due to company policy, which prohibits employees from speaking about any lawsuit that may be pending.
Cory Cochlin is survived by both Marlane Cochlin and John C. Cochlin, their son. They are allegedly seeking compensation for the loss of support, love, and affection by a husband and father.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Indiana Wrongful Death Lawsuit.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare