Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Steel Dynamics
Legal News for Indiana Wrongful Death Attorneys. Steel Dynamics Inc. sued by widow of worker who died in workplace accident.
Indiana wrongful death attorney alerts- Lawsuit filed against Steel Dynamics Inc. for workplace accident.
Columbia City, IN—A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against Steel Dynamics Inc. after a worker was killed in an April industrial accident while on the job. The suit, brought upon by widowed Marlane S. Cochlin, was reportedly filed in Allen Superior Court, according to information provided by News-Sentinel.com.
The April 24, 2009 workplace accident reportedly occurred when a pot hauler vehicle inside the plant ran over 58-year-old Cory G. Cochlin. The pot hauler was allegedly carrying slag, which was defined as a by product of smelting. His severe injuries, including reported massive blunt-force trauma proved fatal after the incident. Cory Cochlin was allegedly a contracted pot welder, employed by Edward C. Levy Co., who was working at the Steel Dynamics plant in Columbia City at the time of the fatal incident.
Steel Dynamics reportedly faces allegations, which allegedly stated the producer “had a legal duty to Cory and it was negligent in failing to provide Cory a safe work site”. The wrongful death suit also allegedly claims that Steel Dynamics neglected to administer safety protocols that may have saved Cochlin’s life. The firm reportedly had no comment on the wrongful death suit due to company policy, which prohibits employees from speaking about any lawsuit that may be pending.
Cory Cochlin is survived by both Marlane Cochlin and John C. Cochlin, their son. They are allegedly seeking compensation for the loss of support, love, and affection by a husband and father.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for Indiana Wrongful Death Lawsuit.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash