California train accident – Metrolink train hits car launched onto tracks from prior wreck
Legal news from California train accident attorney. Six people were injured after a Metrolink train hit a car.
California train accident lawyers alerts- A Metrolink train crashed into a car in San Fernando Valley, California.
San Fernando Valley, CA– A Metrolink commuter train crashed into a car that was thrown on the tracks, when it was struck from behind by another vehicle in a prior accident. Police reported six people were injured, two critically, on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 around 7:00 a.m., in the 9800 block of North San Fernando Road near Branford Street, as reported by the Los Angeles Times.
According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, the vehicle that was hit by the train was previously rear-ended by another vehicle, which launched it onto the tracks, and was subsequently struck by the Metrolink train. A total of four people in both vehicles were injured in the collision, two critically, including an infant. The victims were transported by emergency medical services (EMS) teams to area hospitals for treatment. The identities of the victims are currently being withheld. Two of the 36 passengers aboard the Metrolink train also sustained injuries described as “minor.” They were also taken by EMS teams to area hospitals for treatment of their injuries. The train apparently sustained little visual damage. Police officials are conducting a full investigation into the crashes. No charges have been filed at this time in connection with the accident.
Legal news for California train accident lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship
- Gospel singer claims voice ruined by McDonald’s sandwich, files lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed against Lindsay Lohan over leggings line
- Former IRS chief testifies at hearing on tea party targeting
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder
- Attorneys in untimely vaccine injury cases allowed to recover legal fees
- Rice contamination being investigated in China