California train accident – Metrolink train hits car launched onto tracks from prior wreck
Legal news from California train accident attorney. Six people were injured after a Metrolink train hit a car.
California train accident lawyers alerts- A Metrolink train crashed into a car in San Fernando Valley, California.
San Fernando Valley, CA– A Metrolink commuter train crashed into a car that was thrown on the tracks, when it was struck from behind by another vehicle in a prior accident. Police reported six people were injured, two critically, on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 around 7:00 a.m., in the 9800 block of North San Fernando Road near Branford Street, as reported by the Los Angeles Times.
According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, the vehicle that was hit by the train was previously rear-ended by another vehicle, which launched it onto the tracks, and was subsequently struck by the Metrolink train. A total of four people in both vehicles were injured in the collision, two critically, including an infant. The victims were transported by emergency medical services (EMS) teams to area hospitals for treatment. The identities of the victims are currently being withheld. Two of the 36 passengers aboard the Metrolink train also sustained injuries described as “minor.” They were also taken by EMS teams to area hospitals for treatment of their injuries. The train apparently sustained little visual damage. Police officials are conducting a full investigation into the crashes. No charges have been filed at this time in connection with the accident.
Legal news for California train accident lawyers.Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter