Everyone doesn’t love Patricia Heaton-lawsuit filed by personal assistant!
Legal news for California employment law attorney’s. Patricia Heaton sued by her former personal assistant for unpaid wages.
California employment law attorney alert- Actress Patricia Heaton sued by former personal assistant for overtime wages and unpaid wages.
Los Angeles, CA—Actress Patricia Heaton, known for her role of Ray Barone’s wife, Debra Barone, on the CBS television sitcom, Everybody Loves Raymond, is named in a lawsuit filed by her former personal assistant. The employment lawsuit named both Heaton and her husband, David Cook, as reported by the Examiner.com.
Heaton’s personal assistant, Jennifer Lee, claims Heaton and Cook owe her $7,425 and was fired right after asking for her unpaid wages. In Lee’s lawsuit she named 12 complaints against the actress and her producer husband, listed as:
• Unpaid wages
• Unpaid overtime wages
• Unpaid reimbursements
• Unpaid waiting penalty
• Failure to furnish wage and hourly statements
• Wrongful termination violations of public policy-demand for wages
• Wrongful termination in violations of public policy-medical condition
• Wrongful termination in violations of public policy-parental status
• Negligence per se
• Unfair business practices-competition
Jennifer Lee reportedly worked for the Hollywood couple from August 2007 to March 2009. According to PerezHilton.com, Lee also claims she was fired because she couldn’t keep up with the hectic work schedule Heaton demanded. Lee further alleges the work schedule was always sporadic and the actress was over demanding of her and did not adequately pay for her work. Lee is also seeking a jury trial for her employment lawsuit.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for California lawyers practicing employment law.Online Employment Law Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Lawsuit Accuses Jimmy John’s of Requiring Employees To Work Off The Clock
- Lawsuit Accuses Uber of Stealing Drivers’ Tips and Misclassification
- Hot Employment Law Topic: Equal Pay in Texas
- Sweat Shop Working Conditions, Labor Law Violations Prompts Protest at Skechers
- Wage Theft Violations Found at 152 Tampa Bay Restaurants DOL Investigation Finds
- The Small Print That’s Swallowing Up the Legal Rights of Consumers and Employees
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft Asks California wage and hour lawyer Eric Grover
- NYC Dominos Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit for $1.3M
- What Medical Conditions Qualify an Employee for FMLA Leave?
- No One is Safe From Arbitration; Even Domestic Employees